Call for poster
The Mediterranean Forest Week (MFW) brings together a diverse set of actors to participate in one of the most vital fora on Mediterranean forests today. The biennial event facilitates cooperation amongst forest administrators, the scientific and academic community, the private sector, donors, civil society, environmental agencies and non-governmental organizations by providing a common regional platform for dialogue. The event also advertises the relevance of Mediterranean forests globally and calls attention to the specific challenges these forests face. In 2017, Morocco will host the fifth MFW, which will focus on the restoration of Mediterranean forests and landscapes. The event will promote forest and landscape restoration as essential to the ongoing initiatives of the Rio Conventions and will call for an ambitious action agenda in the field that mobilizes technical and financial partners across the Mediterranean. The fifth MFW will advance a new approach to forest restoration that encourages cross-sectoral cooperation by working with local actors to foster productive and multifunctioning landscapes that increase economic, social and environmental benefits. This approach promotes synergies between the three Rio Conventions on climate change, biodiversity and desertification and thereby contributes to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
On the occasion of this event that facilitates the cooperation among the research community, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders, a poster session will take place during the week in order to contribute to the creation of an environment for dialogue and knowledge sharing.
Posters displayed should address themes related to the topic of the V MFW on Restoration of Mediterranean Forests and Landscapes. Subjects to be addressed should be related to one of the following topics:
- Successful forest and landscape restoration initiatives in the Mediterranean,
- Baseline for forest and landscape restoration in the Mediterranean,
- Identification of forest and landscape restoration opportunities in the Mediterranean,
- Monitoring and evaluation of impacts of forest and landscape restoration in the Mediterranean,
- Ecological restoration in the Mediterranean,
- Governance related to forest and landscape restoration in the Mediterranean,
- Cost-benefit analysis of forest and landscape restoration in the Mediterranean,
- Funding of forest and landscape restoration in the Mediterranean.
The target audience is composed of decision makers from the Mediterranean region; national and local governments; technical and scientific organizations, forestry experts and managers; forest owners; environmental organizations; NGOs; investors and key donors; young professionals; media; scientists.
It would be an asset if the posters could show results related to international commitments, including for instance:
- The achievement of the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 15, especially target 15.3, by supporting efforts on the restoration of degraded lands in the Mediterranean.
- The contribution to Aichi target 15 of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) by facilitating the conservation and restoration of biodiversity in Mediterranean forest ecosystems.
- The implementation of the Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), facilitating the mitigation and adaptation of Mediterranean forest landscapes to climate change, as well as achieving non-carbon benefits.
- The achievement of the Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN) goals set by the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) by actively promoting forest restoration.
The languages accepted for the poster submission are English and French.
The call is now closed. Thanks for you interest!